Top Ten Distractions in Writing
Writing can be a difficult task for many, as there are so many distractions that can get in the way of completing your work. From the constant urge to check social media to the need to take frequent breaks, it can be hard to stay focused and complete your task. That’s why it’s important to be aware of the top distractions in writing so that you can recognize and avoid them. Here are the ten top distractions in writing:
1. Social Media: Social media is one of the biggest distractions in writing. The constant notifications and urge to check your feed can be very distracting.
2. Television: Watching television can be distracting when you’re trying to write. It can be hard to concentrate when your favorite show is playing in the background.
3. Music: When playing loudly, it can be very distracting. It can be difficult to focus on your task at hand with distracting tunes in the background. Opt for something soft and soothing.
4. Phone Calls: The constant ringing, vibrating or notifications sound can be very difficult to ignore when close by. Try putting the phone on silent or in another room while writing.
5. Daydreaming: Although good sometimes and can build a great imagination. Daydreaming is a common distraction that can easily take you away from your writing. It can be hard to stay focused when your mind is wandering.
6. Internet Research: Researching on the Internet can be a great way to get some extra information for your writing. However, it can also be a major distraction as you can easily lose track of time when you’re browsing the web.
7. People: People can be a major distraction, especially when they’re talking in the background or walking around your workspace. Try writing in an environment that inspires you instead of impede.
8. Pets: Although cute, can be very distracting, especially if they’re constantly demanding your attention like my dog Rosey used to do.
9. Errands: Taking a break to do some errands can be a great way to clear your head and come back to your writing refreshed. However, it can also be a major distraction as it can be difficult to stay focused on your writing when you’re running around town.
10. Procrastination: Procrastination is a major distraction that can prevent you from writing. It can be hard to stay motivated when you’re constantly putting off your task.
These are the top ten distractions in writing that you should be aware of. Being aware of these distractions can help you stay focused and complete your writing task.